On The Bus
- Drop off is between 8:00 - 8:25 am. Buses leave promptly at 8:30 am.
- Bus returns to the parking lot by 10:45 pm.
- Buses 1-3 Load in the Central Kitsap High School/Middle School Lot. See diagram below.
- Please drive carefully in the parking lot, it is dark and there are a lot of kids walking around.
- Student Drivers should park in the main parking lot.
- Line up for your bus and leave your board/skis for the chaperones to load. To protect your equipment, it is best to put in a board bag. It is difficult to fit all the equipment under the bus so don't put anything other than you board or skis in the bag - no boots or helmets.
- All your stuff (boots, helmet, gloves, food, etc...) should fit in a small bag with you on the bus. The smaller it is the more comfortable you will be.
Enjoy the ride up with your friends, but please remember these rules:
- Don't put anything in the back window
- Don't stand up or change seats while the bus is moving
- Keep the noise level reasonable - no shouting or swearing
- No public displays of affection (kissing, etc...) allowed
- Glass containers are not allowed on the bus
- Heavy, sharp, bulky and/or other articles which may be hazardous in the event of an accident or an emergency stop should not be transported unsecured in the passenger area of the bus. Things like skis, ski poles, snowboards and other large items will be stored under the bus
- Animals, firearms, breakable containers, flammables and all other articles which could adversely affect the safety of the school bus and passengers are not allowed
Here are some additional expectations for food items:
- Please don't consume gummy or sticky food on the bus. (Examples: Fruit snacks, skittles, etc.)
- Please don't chew gum on the bus - It gets on everything!
- All beverage containers should have a lid
- Students are responsible for their seat area - Please make sure to clean up your space and avoid eating messy foods
Remember that the chaperones and bus drivers keep you safe and enforce the rules, if you are disrespectful to them you will be suspended from Ski School and may be banned from future participation.