Before and After Lessons
- Be sure to pay attention to announcements from chaperones when you reach the parking lot. Be sure you know when to return to the bus.
- Wait until the bus is parked to put on your gear.
- If you have a problem (missing pass, forgot boots, etc) be sure to tell your chaperone or look for a Ski School Director in the parking lot or outside Pacific Crest Lodge.
- You can rent lockers in any lodge to store your belongings.
- Lessons start at 4 pm. Arrive by 3:50 - otherwise your whole class ends up waiting for you. There will be an orientation to skiing/boarding for the beginners the first one or two weeks, prior to the start of lessons.
- Always wear your helmet, stay in bounds, and ski/ride with a buddy.
Before and After Lessons:
- After your lesson be sure to ask your instructor to suggests some other runs for you to try.
- You'll need to store your equipment while you are in the lodge. You have two options for storing your equipment:
Option one - put it with everyone else's and hope it doesn't get stolen. Equipment theft is rare but does happen.
Option two - pay for Equipment Check when you register and leave you skis/board in a secure area. Note: only your skis/board can be stored here - not your back pack.
- If you choose to go with Option one (most people do) you should consider either using a cable lock, or splitting up you ski by putting each one on a different rack.
- There are three lodges where you can purchase food: Tye Creek, Granite Peak, and Pacific Crest. Most of the ski school kids congregate at the Pacific Crest Lodge.
- If you brought your lunch, you can pick it up from one of the sleds outside of Pacific Crest lodge. The bus drivers sit in the upstairs of Tye Creek Lodge.
- When not in a lesson, you are on your own to practice what you have learned in lessons. Remember to stay on maintained runs, ski with a buddy, wear your helmet, and ski/ride only terrain with which you are familiar.
- Always stay within bounds! Going out of bounds can get you kicked out of Ski School.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get back to the bus before the announced return time (usually 7:00 pm)
- Don't go back to the bus too early. You can't get on until the chaperones arrive.
- Go to the bathroom! It's a long way from the pass to the ferry dock. Also, don't chug a bunch of liquids right before you leave, or you'll regret it before we reach Edmonds.